Ian

Ian

Sunday, July 8, 2012

We're Growing!

Dear Ian,

You have a new cousin!  And this time it's a BOY!  Uncle Brian and Aunt Maggie's little boy was born early this morning: July 8, 2012 weighing six pound and nine ounces.  And his name?  When you read it, you'll never believe that Aunt Maggie chose it.  Without any further ado, here is:

Nole Rollins Davis
6lbs 9oz
19.5 inches long
July 8, 2012 12:31am


I drove up to Atlanta to meet him, and thankfully Aunt Maggie waited until I arrived.  Sound barriers were broken however.  Anyhoo, I arrived, and Grandma and Papa Davis were already there, and the doctor decided that Aunt Maggie would probably have the baby around four or five in the morning.  So The Grands and I decided to head to the hotel for a quick nap before the baby show began.  We had just started to put our jammies on when Uncle Brian called and said it was time for Nole to be born.  Good grief!  We threw our clothes back on and went rushing back to the hospital.  That was at around 11:15pm.  We waited in the waiting room, and then at 12:31, Nole was born.  Uncle Brian texted us at 12:40am to announce his arrival.  Then we got to see him.  And he is just perfect.  He is smaller than you, and like I know I said when Taylor was born, it is so hard to believe you were that tiny.  

I haven't gotten to hold your new little cousin yet; when he was born, he had a bit of fluid in his lungs, so he had to hang out in the special nursery and cry a bit to work it out.  But when we left the hospital, he was letting his opinion be known.  He's a vocal little dude already.  And a 'Nole fan already, too!  I hope to get a picture of him today in all the Seminole garb he has, and Uncle Brian said that when he was born his arm was up by his head, most likely doing the Warchant.  We're a nutty bunch. 

So now I'm off to the hospital with Grandma and Papa to see him again now before coming home to you.  I can't wait to give you a big hug when I get home.  And I REALLY can't wait to watch you and your new cousin playing football in the yard in what will seem like the blink of an eye.

Love you so much!
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment