Ian

Ian

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Works of Art #38

Dear Bear, 

Time for more art!  And thanks to being back in school, we have quite a bit to share.  A few of this segment's pieces are from home, but for the most part, all of these projects are from school. 


 This is a project you made at school with Ms. Lynn.  According to the little attached slip, it is a torn paper collage based on the book Little Yellow and Little Blue by Leo Lionni. 
 According to you:  "I made it at art with Ms. Lynn.  I tore paper"

 This is a beautiful example of your cutting skills.  I think you did you did this in your classroom, but you didn't have much to say about it.  Note the purple paper.  Your all time favorite color at this very moment is purple. 
 This is a drawing of a smiley face with very long hair.  You did this one at home.  See the eyes in the upper left? 
 According to Ian: "I made it in school!  I glued on circles and triangles.  I made it with Ms. Mallory."
 Also according to Ian: "I made it in Art!  We dipped chalk into the water and colored it and it made a nice violent (translation: vibrant) color!"  HAHA!!  Violent colors!  
This piece of art is based on the book Inch By Inch, also by Leo Lionni.
Ian: "I made it in art.  I colored it with purple and brown.  It's a quilt."  
This art is inspired by Faith Ringgold's story quilts.  It's so awesome how Ms. Lynn teaches littles like you all about artists and various art styles.  It's one of the many reasons why I LOVE your little school.  
Finally, here's a drawing you did here at home.  It;s an octopus under a rainbow.  See him?!  I love this picture.  It's so neat to see your drawings start to take shape.  

Love you bunches!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment