Ian

Ian

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Ian-isms

Dear Ian,

One of my favorite things in the whole world is to have conversations with you, because I am never sure what is going to come out of your mouth next.  The following conversations are examples of just that. 

* Driving to school the other day, I noticed there was a mosquito in our car.
Mommy: Ian, there's a mosquito in the car! (I pronounced it "misquito."  Explaining that is important.)
Ian: *after being quiet for a bit* "Is it a Miss or a Mister?"
Mommy: What do you mean?
Ian: "It is a Miss-quito or a Mister-squito?"


* The other day we drove to the barber shop, and we took Aunt Megan, Payton and Taylor with us.  There were a lotta kiddos in the back of my little red car.
Ian: "Mommy, remember the other day when we were driving with Payton, and Taylor and me and you and Aunt Megan?"
Mommy: "Yes, Bear, I do.  That was fun, wasn't it."
Ian: "Yes, but we were missing a baby."
Mommy: "We were?"
Ian: "Yes, we didn't have Baby Nole."
Mommy: "You're right, we didn't"
Ian: "But if he was here, he would have to sit on the roof.  There was no more room!"

* When we drive down Capital Circle, you are always quick to point out Chic-fil-A to me.
Ian: "Look Mommy!  There's Chic-fil-A!"
Mommy:  "I see!  Hi Chic-fil-A!"
Ian: *in a derisive tone: "Mommy, it can not say 'hi' to you."

Like I said, I never know what you're going to say next. 

Love you, Little Bear,
Mommy



No comments:

Post a Comment