Ian

Ian

Monday, March 28, 2011

Vocabulary Lesson

Dear Ian,

Remember that post from a while back when we celebrated your first "meaningful" word? (By the way, it was "bubble.") Well, at that time, we were hoping and praying that you would start communicating a little more with us, and I must say, you have really stepped it up lately in the vocabulary department. Now be aware that a lot of your words are only intelligble to your Daddy and me, and they are kind of "our house specific," but here is a list of your current words.

Daddy
Mama (and you say this like CRAZY now,)
Papa
Diaper
Poo poo
Boo boo
Glasses
Bowl
Bubbles
Imola
Boxster (you actually say Doxster; for some reason, "b" words start with "d.")
Bye Bye, (pronouced by you as "dye dye")
Hello
Step Stool
House
No, (oy, do I hear this a lot)
More, (the way you say this is a hoot: it's like a "Moooowwwwwaaahhhh")
Ball, (again, with that b and d thing, it's "dall")
Moo
Shoe
Banana, (In Ian-speak it's Nalna)
Door
Tractor
Waffle
Clock
Juice
Yeah!

There are a few more, I think, but these are the ones off the top of my head. Then there are your signs, although you only have a few of those. To date, you can sign more, eat, please, and light. You would rather take my hand and show me what you want than sign, and that's ok. Especially now that you are vocalizing more words. And those words have really taken off during the last few weeks, proving yet again that you will get around to doing things on your own time. I'm just glad that you're able to tell me about the things you need and want more than you used to, and I look forward to having little conversations with you.

I love you, Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment