Ian

Ian

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Works of Art #1

Dear Ian,
You and I do a lot of art, and it's starting to build up around the house. I hate to throw it away, because I want to be able to show you how your art progressed throughout the years. But then again, I don't want to have piles and piles of construction paper creations to sort out. How in the world could I have my cake and eat it too? And then it hit me. Technology is my friend.

So now your baby-book-blog will also be a gallery for all of your works of art! Of course I have saved your very first project we ever did together, and some of the projects we have done together already got demolished by your, let's call it, curious exploration of my art cart, but from here on out, your art will be photographed and turned into zeros and ones (ask your daddy) and safe on our computer. And a back-up cd. Because, as much as I love technology, the feeling is not always mutual.
Here are three pieces of your recent art work. First is a finger painting picture that you made after we made Hand print Christmas Trees. Remind me to ask one of the Grandma's to take a photo of them and email them to you. Then there's your Geometric Christmas Tree that we made out of construction paper. I put the glue on the triangles, and then you stuck them to the paper. Last we have the marker art that we did today. Thank goodness for washable markers, that's all I have to say. You had a blue goatee before it was all over.




























I'm excited about this new addition to your blog. It will be neat for both you and me; we can both look at your pretty pictures whenever we want, and we wont have a potential fire hazard due to a buildup of construction paper.
Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment