Ian

Ian

Monday, January 3, 2011

Resolutions

Dear Ian,

It's the New Year, and that means it's time for us grown ups to list the things we resolve to do this year. I wasn't sure if I was going to write this post, but then I decided that if I write it down, post it for all the internet to see, and have it staring me in the face for the whole of 2011, maybe it would help motivate me. It's not just a list of things that I want to do for me, but they are for you and Daddy as well, so I have broken them down like that. Ready? Here goes...

Mommy's Resolutions for Ian:
1. I resolve to start filling your mornings with activities that you would most likely encounter in a preschool classroom. Color recognition games, more art, more books... Since I spent so much time as a teacher, I sometimes worry that I'm not giving you the head start that I helped give the children that I used to teach.
2. I reslove to try to not worry about the house when we are having fun. This will be a toughie for me.
3. See first resolution for Mommy...

Mommy's Resolutions for Daddy:
1. I reslove to do whatever I can to make sure that Daddy and I have an hour of quiet time together every night. No laptop, no housework. Just us sitting and talking. That's the core of this little family.
2. I resolve to help keep at least two nights a month set aside as "date nights." I will need help from the Grands on this one, but they LOVE to spend time with you.
3. See first resolution for Mommy...

Mommy's Resolutions for Mommy...
1. I resolve to get myself in better, healthier shape for the sake of myself and my family. A fit Mommy is able to run and play and have energy for her baby boy, and a fit wife is a happier wife that doesn't mope about clothes not fitting, feeling fat, etc. etc. etc...
2. I resolve to continue trying one new thing every month. I have kept this resolution on my list for the past few years. It can be a new activity, a new food, whatever. It has helped me branch out a bit from my norm.
3. I resolve to try not to stress over the insignificant and focus instead on the things that really need my attention. A layer of dust, unless it's causing someone to feel ill, is insignificant compared to running in the yard with you, Daddy and the dog.

So there we are. Most people that make resolutions are unable to keep them or reach the goals they have set for themself. I am driven to maintain my resolutions, and I will work my hardest to make them come to fruition, largely because they dont just have to do with me. I have you and Daddy as my inspiration and motivation, because the two of you are my world. I am such a lucky Mommy and wife.

Today is January 3rd, and these are my New Year's Resolutions for the year of 2011. I promise to check in here or there to keep you posted.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment