Ian

Ian

Thursday, September 5, 2013

Works of Art #42

Dear Ian,

Since we're back to school and all,  it's time to start up the Works of Art posts once again, to help with the stacks of art you bring home from school.  Without this photographic recording, our house would be one ginormous fire hazard.  So, here we go with the art from this 2013-2014 school year:

You told me that this was a drawing that you made in Art Class with Ms. Lynn.  It's a picture of all kinds of lines.  You pointed out squiggles and straight lines and were so very proud of your picture.
This is a drawing you also drew in Art Class with different kinds of chalk and pastels.  Luckily, my class did the same project, so I can expand and tell you that this is based on the Impressionist style of art, specifically Edgar Degas.  I love his paintings of ballet dancers.  But I digress.  Back to Ian art.
One more piece of art from Art Class with Ms. Lynn.  This is a paper and glue piece inspired by the book, Shapes That Roll.  You told me that it's made with all kinds of shapes that are primary colors.  Then you proceeded to tell me all of the secondary colors you can make when you mix primary colors. Smart boy...
This last piece of art you made in your classroom.  Ms. Jackie and Ms. Jan have been creating all sorts of cool lessons and projects based on the Pete The Cat books.  This artwork is inspired by Pete The Cat and His Four Groovy Buttons.  You told me all about painting the paper and then you sewed around the edges.  Very cool, Little Bear.

I love all of the art and work you bring home from school.  It's a neat way to get a glimpse into what goes on in your day, your class, and your little brain.  And it totally makes me smile.

Here's to more art and more fun!
Love always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment