Ian

Ian

Friday, May 11, 2012

I'm a MOMMY!

Dear Ian,

I understand that the title of this post is a little redundant, since here I am writing a post to you, my son.  Of course I'm a mommy; I wouldn't be writing to my baby bear if I wasn't.  But you need to know that this is still an amazing thing to me, even after two and a half years.

I know I have mentioned it before, but I wasn't expecting to have you.  A doctor told me just before Daddy and I got married that I would never have you.  But look at us now!  Here we are, at the eve of my third ever Mother's Day weekend!  I am so happy to have you in my life, and I am thrilled every day to be your Mommy.  Yes, even the challenging days are precious to me (and to Daddy).  We are one lucky little family.



Last year on Mother's Day, you and I made a piece of hand-print art to commemorate the holiday.  This year, since you're in school and you make all kinds of art every day, I got a surprise Mother's Day gift.  You made a special plate for me!  It's so neat!  It's your art on the plate, and you also made me two lovely cards to go with it.  My gift was carefully wrapped in purple tissue paper, which is your favorite color.  I wanted to wait until this Sunday to open it, but you were very excited about it and had to help me open it as soon as we got home.  Then you wanted to have your snack on it after nap.  I have a feeling that my Mother's Day plate is going to be your new favorite plate to eat on.  I'm not bothered by that, though.  It's your special plate, too. 

The neat thing about this plate is that it actually is the first in a series!  Advent does these plates every year for Mother's Day, so I will get to see your art progress for the next few years we are at Advent.  And we'll have a little collection by the time you go to elementary school (sniff!).  To add to the coolness of this whole thing, we even have the plate that Daddy made in 1983 when he was at Advent!  Grandma Brooks gave it to us, and now it's so very special to have them stacked together in our plate cabinet.  Makes me smile!

Here's a couple of photos of the cards that you made me that went with my special Mother's Day gift:











These are lovely cards, little man.  They are made out of tissue paper and glue, and it looks like you really took your time to make them special.  Thank you!

I love these special touches that your school does to make Moms feel special on Mother's Day, but the best part of my Mother's Day is having you and Daddy in my life.  I am one lucky Mommy!

I love you Bear,
Mommy

Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment