Ian

Ian

Thursday, May 23, 2013

Grand Finale 2013

Dear Ian,

Here it is: last-day-of-school-eve.  And I know I have said it a zillion and a half times, but I cannot get over how fast time is zipping by. 

But, no matter how much I lament the speed of time, we're still at this point.  Tomorrow will close another chapter in your little world, and Saturday you will wake up as a kid on summer vacation.  I still have a few days of post planning, but I can honestly say I am looking forward to not having to fight/bribe/cajole you into getting ready to go so we can get to work/school on time. 

I am going to miss this year, though.  You had a great little group of friends and two fantastic teachers, yet again.  You're a pretty lucky little kid as it pertains to your classmates and teachers. 

I was cleaning the other day and came across your class photo from this year.  I put it away, but then figured just in case it got misplaced in the future, I'd better document it here.  Mommy, although usually pretty organized, can occasionally lose her mind and put things places where I think they will be safe and lose them forever.  It's a gift, what can I say? 

Here's your Three Year Old class photo.  From front to back, left to right:
You, Carter, Addie, Lauren, Ellasyn,
Bryce Avery, Miley Rose, Ms. Katie, Natalie, Avery, Connor, Ms. Mallory and Ben
It will be neat to see who in this group is in your class next year; you've made some really good friends in this group, and it will be fun to watch you all grow up together.  And then maybe some of you will all go off to kindergarten together, and there I go getting all sappy again.  Time to stop while I'm ahead. 
Congratulations on another great year, Buddy Boy.  Daddy and I are so proud of you!
Love forever and always,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment