Ian

Ian

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Final Glimpses

Dear Ian,

It has taken me about five blog posts to wrap up this school year, and yes, I know it's because I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  One post probably would have done it, but there's been so much.

I can personally attest to the fact that this is the ABSOLUTE last post for this school year.  This one is all about your very last day. 

We got up, took the final paper chain piece off our little countdown to summer, and got dressed and ready to go like any other day.  But it wasn't just like any other day.  It was the LAST day of this year!  And because your Mommy is nuts, we did this little project again: 

On the first day of school, I took your picture in the yard.  You dressed yourself that day, and you matched from your tractor shirt, to your tractor shorts and even your undies even had tractors on them.  (One day your wife will read that and giggle.  Get used to Mommy embarrassing you, Bud.)

Here's the picture from your first day of school:
So cute!  It is a little better than last year's first day picture where you looked like you were off to be tortured. 

And here is this year's picture of you on the last day of school holding the picture from your first day this year. 
It's hard to see, but the difference in you is amazing!  It always blows my mind to see how much you change in just a short period of time. 

Here's first day and last day side by side.  See what I mean?!  You've grown up so much!  Stop it!!

 
Sigh.  I know I cant stop time, and deep down in my heart I don't really want it to stop, but I would like it to slow down just a little so we can enjoy it a bit more.  Soon you'll be a big kid, and these pictures will have more of an "Awww Mom, stop!" sort of air about them. Oh well for you.  We're going to do this for a while, Little Dude. 

And I cant wait.

With all my love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment