Ian

Ian

Friday, May 21, 2010

25 Reasons I Love Your Daddy

Dear Ian,

It's only fitting that you know some of the reasons why I love your Daddy with all of my heart. He is such an amazing man, and we are lucky to have him! Here's a list of the top 25 reasons why he's my love...

1. After being together for almost 15 years, it doesn't seem like it's been that long.
2. He is the most patient man I know. He tutored me through algebra and taught me to drive stick shift, after all.
3. He is quietly determined and goal oriented. I have never met such a hard worker.
4. He doesn't mind coming home to a wife and baby still in their jammies and a messy house because he knows we've had a good time playing and being lazy.
5. He supports us both finanically and personally.
6. He has made it possible for me to stay home and take care of you.
7. His Excel spreadsheets. :)
8. The way he knows how to make me laugh.
9. Listening to him give you a bath melts my heart.
10. He puts up with me and my occasional irrationality.
11. His smiles.
12. He holds my hand when we go somewhere or when we just sit on the couch.
13. He calms me down when I feel like I'm losing my mind.
14. The way he will sometimes do something that makes me nuts on purpose just to be funny. Like the gangsta stuff in the car. Ask him to show you when you are older.
15. For exposing me to different foods, music and activities.
16. For always introducing me to people he knows.
17. He always kisses me goodnight, goodbye and good morning.
18. He always kisses you goodnight, goodbye and good morning.
19. He will sometimes bring me chocolate.
20. He gets onto me for not following my diet.
21. Your Daddy did all of my research on PCOS and helped me defeat it so we could have you.
22. He loves me.
23. He loves you.
24. He is dependable.
25. He makes me feel like I'm the most important person in the world.

There are so many little reasons why I love him, but these are just a few that come to mind. I am lucky to have him as a husband, and you are one lucky little guy to have him as a Daddy. I know that you will grow up learning from his example, and I think this makes me the most happy and proud. One day a girl will write a list similar to this about you, and because you have had your Daddy as a role model, I have faith that she will love you just as much. But you aren't allowed to date or find her until you have your degree...

I love you
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment