Ian

Ian

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Let The Summer Fun Begin!

Dear Ian,

I'll be honest, Mommy is not a fan of the heat.  How I have managed to survive 31 summers in Florida's armpit is beyond me; I am completely heat intolerant.  I don't like to sweat, I live for air conditioning, and I like to joke and say that I like the cold because I can put more clothes ON, but no one wants to see me take clothes off.  Today is only the second day in June, and already I have seen reports of temperatures of 102.  August is going to be a nightmare. 

BUT!  I must say, I am having a lot of fun with you already this summer, and most of that has been outside and in the heat.  Please note that this is a big thing for Mommy.  We have been to the beach, washed our cars, played in the kiddie pool and sprinkler and sat on the porch eating Popsicles.  It has really been a lot of fun, and I occasionally catch myself dreaming up more fun stuff for us to do.

Here are some pictures of us doing some of our fun Summer activities so far...

Memorial Day weekend, we headed over to St. George Island to play with Uncle Gary, Aunt Megan and Payton.  You had so much fun playing in the waves and digging in the sand.  It is definitely an activity that we are going to have to repeat.  
 This is what we did today: Your friend Isabella came over, and the two of you got to play in the kiddie pool and paint with paintbrushes on the fence.  This was super!  After all that fun painting and playing, you got to share in a cool summer snack: Watermelon!  

You were covered from head to toe in paint and watermelon juice, so then it was back in the kiddie pool for a "red-neck bath" to clean you off.
 
 
See what I mean?  I am really getting into this summer fun thing.  It's still WAY too hot for Mommy's liking, but we're making it work for us.  In a couple of weeks our big pool will be repaired, and I am REALLY looking forward to spending time with you splashing in the water.  We even have you signed up for water safety classes; those start on Monday.  
So it's a happy summer so far little buddy!  Can't wait to see what we're going to do tomorrow. 

Hugs and kisses!
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment