In all the hustle and bustle of starting a new school year, Mommy teaching both in the classroom and twirling, and our general absolute craziness, it's important to occasionally freeze time so we can hold on tight to precious moments.
And thankfully, I have the following to do just this:
Ms. Whitney Fletcher is a photographer that used to live here in Tallahassee. She created these wonderful images of little kids right before school started back up to help moms and dads remember the little things about their babies at a certain age. Well, Ms. Whitney moved away, but our friend, Ms. Brooke Spicer convinced her to come back and do these special shots again. Here is yours, Little Bear:
We've done these photos a couple of times now, but this one was REALLY important to me, as it would be the photo right before you started kindergarten and BIG SCHOOL. Here are some of the top 10 things that you love and make you, well.. YOU!
1. Your current favorite color is blue.
2. And now you tell me your favorite sport is football. You're sorta mad at me for not letting you play yet...
3. Your favorite books are from the Junie B. Jones series. We read a few chapters every night.
4. Paw Patrol is your current favorite T.V. show. We recently ditched cable to save on monthly bills, and your Uncle Ryan came to the rescue with a hard drive full of this cartoon just for you.
5. Obviously, you love to swim with your daddy. Pretty self explanatory.
6. Same with this one. You love to play and read with me.
7. Veal Parmesan is STILL your favorite food. Few years running.
8. And your favorite restaurant is apparently Five Guys Burgers and Fries. You love the bacon cheese burger. And yes, you eat the grown-up sized burger.
9. Legos are your favorite toy. And mommy's favorite thing to step on.
10. Cohocoton, New York is your favorite place to go, trumping Disney World and the like. That makes your Papa smile so big!
So there you are, literally, in 10 things that you love and make you special. I'm so glad I have this little pause button; I wish I had one in real life, but I am happy to make do with these.